why won't this page centre in browser?

mco 23:19 09 Jan 2006

All the pages I've done in the site I'm making have been marked 'centre in browser' - in NOF7 - and they all are - except the newest one, which won't play ball! I've checked that the box 'centre in browser' is ticked - I've even unticked it and then ticked it again (as that sometimes works!) but still no joy. I've looked at the html source code and I can't see anything different from the other pages, but I'm not over familiar with html so maybe someone else can spot something. So why is it stuck? The site is click here and the offending page is click here

ade.h 23:49 09 Jan 2006

Okay, this is a strange one!!

I just had a look at you code; nothing obviously wrong, but I'm tired so i only scanned over it briefly.

What browser are you viewing it with? I used F'fox 1.5 and it did not display correctly. No joy in Opera either. Nor in IE.

However... I brought up the browser issue because I just created a test page on my freespace click here and this has the same problem except in IE, in which it looks correct.

I'll get back to you tomorow if I figure it out.

ade.h 23:50 09 Jan 2006

I have other sites in which centreing does work, so it's not just me!

The Ghost of Inept Pig 07:34 10 Jan 2006

Delete:

DIV#LayoutLYR { position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index: 1; visibility:inherit; }

From the source (it's found in the <head> section), and you should be good to go!

mco 08:04 10 Jan 2006

thanks adeh - will try your suggestion G of IP -when I am back home tonight.

mco 18:15 10 Jan 2006

It won't let me edit this bit of html in the NOF html view!

ade.h 18:32 10 Jan 2006

open the html file from your site folder (drill down thru' NOF's program files folders) and open it in Notepad. Make the edit, then save it with the same file name and location.

mco 19:28 10 Jan 2006

?

mco 19:53 10 Jan 2006

When I save it in notepad the bit I want comes out as 'custom 3' or something, rather than the actual code that the Ghost of Inept Pig suggested I delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?