Why won't my laptop load a site but my PC will?

I have a PC upstairs running XP. It has a broadband internet ethernet connection using a BT modem router which my laptop (also running XP) accesses wirelessly downstairs.Both systems are networked and both have Norton Anti-Virus and also Norton Firewall running. Both systems are fully updated.
I am typing this on my laptop and have no problems surfing the net except for one site click here
If I go upstairs on the PC I can access the site with no problems- on the laptop I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" screen up.
If I google trimcraft I can access a cached page but once I try clicking to make a "live" selection, the site fails. I have tried turning Norton off- no difference, I have also checked my security settings but cannot find anything wrong there. I am completely baffled by this and would really appreciate some help :)

Diodorus Siculus 16:08 02 May 2008

Do a search for a file called "hosts" - no extnsion, just hosts

Open with Notepad and see if there is any mention of the website there.

It's searching at the moment- sounds very intriguing!

it's found two so far one hosts and one hosts/sam still searching!

It's throwing up ghosts as well but I'll ignore them! I'll start opening them as there are a few more hosts now!

Diodorus Siculus 16:14 02 May 2008

Just the file called hosts within

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

The only sites mentioned are :-
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com
no there is no mention of the site.

No that one is as above.

Diodorus Siculus 17:04 02 May 2008

You are looking at the hosts file on the machine that will not access the site I presume?

Ditch999 17:09 02 May 2008

Make sure your Security and Privacy settings in Tools > Internet Options are set at default and someone has not added trimcraft to a blocked list.

Diodorus I have no idea why I'm looking at hosts I'm just following orders. Ditch I'll check the settings are at default but the laptop isn't "Fiddled woith" by anybody else ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone