Why will IE7 not log onto Favourites

wee eddie 00:07 26 Nov 2006

or follow internal links, most of the time?

I can't even get into Hotmail, and I don't know how many times I've tried to post this Thread.

wee eddie 14:28 28 Nov 2006

after this little fracas below, I shall relax and chill out, after all this is only an annoyance.

click here

click here

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me out.

anskyber 14:50 28 Nov 2006

Good luck, I am sorry the solution had such an unsatisfactory outcome for you. Computers are very strange things and one thing is clear to me and that is their individual set up and configuration which can bring some odd outcomes at times.

wee eddie 15:18 28 Nov 2006

Thanks for trying anyway.

As you will have noticed from my post on Sunday @ 13.33 I was well aware of the risk and decided to go with it.

I shall be looking for other solutions as the original problem has not gone away. However I shall piggy-back on other threads for a while to look for a solution.

anskyber 19:09 28 Nov 2006

I hardly dare post this but here goes. click here

wee eddie 22:48 28 Nov 2006

I've tried a couple of time to thank you for that interesting link, but I keep getting dumped

Liam101 11:44 13 Dec 2006

Just to give all hear an update as to the Favorites link problem with IE7. I have tried anskyber's link and re-installed IE7 - but no different I still keep losing shortcuts at varies attemtps to use them, even ones that I had used say 2 minutes previously.

This is obviously a Windows problem in upgrading from IE6 to IE7.

Until Microsoft recognise that there is a problem and release a fix, then I guess a lot of us are stuck with this problem.

Liam101

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?