why is my internet slow at first?

sammyjoe 14:54 10 Sep 2003

Running xp with BT openworld broadband. After several attempts to log on, the internet runs really slow at first but once up to speed, (aprox 15 mins later) broadband runs well. The internet status window shows errors in the "activity " section, and the bites sent and received take ages to get up into the high numbers (not very technical description I know, but am a bit of a novice) Bt say its a problem with my PC not a problem with the line or modem, have downloaded new drivers for modem, an mtu adjustment tool, re installed broadband, created new network connections etc, but still runs slow at first, it's really frustrating!!

Oobermaiden 15:06 10 Sep 2003

I think I have the same problem. It tells me that I'm connected, Kazaa is fully functioning as well, but internet explorer doesn't connect for at least 15 minutes. And when it does, I have to frantically click every link for any kind of response. I too am running bt broadband on xp and have only had it for a few days. Would I be better off cancelling and going with someone else? If so, can anyone reccommend a good provider?

sammyjoe 15:50 10 Sep 2003

BI have thought of cancelling BT broadband, but BT say I will still have to pay the 12 months subscription as they state it is my computer at fault and not their service (which I don't fully believe, but am unable to prove) so I am stuck with it!! If you get any solution to the problem can you let me know and I will do the same- regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?