Why I am receiving this message "The file C:\Doc..

Antonio Machado 03:30 15 Jun 2010

Hello experts !

I have a multimonitor system. I recently changed from a four 21" CRT monitors to just two 25" LCD monitors, I love the improvement. But since I made the change it is appearing the following message every three or four minutes: "Personal folders. The file C:\Documents and settings\DELL\Local settings\Application data\Microsoft Outlook\Outlook.pst. cannot be found". Every single time it appears on my monitor # 1 I have to stop what I am doing until I make "click" on "O.K." Waht can I do to get rid of that annoying screen? thanks in advance for your help. Antonio Machado.

KremmenUK 06:55 15 Jun 2010

.PST files are Outlook data files.

I have to assume that you have Outlook on auto start and it can't find its file?

Antonio Machado 09:53 15 Jun 2010

Hello KremmenUK: Thank you very much for making time for helping me. I don't know how to answer your question: what is Outlook? how can I check if I have that program on auto start? since I never use Outlook for my e-mails, how can I just get rid of any file related to outlook in my p.c.? please continue helping me. All the best, Antonio.

wotbus@ 11:07 15 Jun 2010

"Outlook" is a Microsoft Email Manager.
Possibly what has happened is this:
Maybe a Dell (monitor?) auto registration has "looked" for Outlook (default) in order to complete some registration details. As you don't use Outlook the software (Dell) is telling you this.
I link this to the problem as it arrived the same time as your monitors. I could be wrong.
Try pointing your Dell software in the direction of your default Email manager and see if that sorts it.

Antonio Machado 11:12 15 Jun 2010

Hello wotbus: thanks a lot for helping me. Yes, I think that might be the root of the problem here. But how do I do what you suggest "Try pointing your DELL software in the direction of your default Email manager" ? where do I click first? what steps should I follow ? thanks a lot, please continue helping me. Best regards from North New Jersey (New York area). Where are you? Antonio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?