Why have I got a 'keylogger'

Halmer 20:07 31 Oct 2005

I spent a couple of hours at the weekend cleaning out my PC. I also ran Spybot, Adaware, Spywaredoctor and A2. I have spywareblaster also loaded.

As a final check I ran Trend Micro's online spyware scan and it found a 'keylogger'. I can't remember what it was called sorry. Trend Micro has removed it for me without charge.

1. Should I be worried?
2. Why didn't one of the others pick it up or stop it in the first place?

I also have AVG free and Zone Alarm and don't visit any daft sites.

stalion 20:10 31 Oct 2005

firewall on?

Dan the Doctus 20:12 31 Oct 2005

1. No.

2. Different scanners will nearly always pick up things others don't.

No need to worry about keyloggers - they're all over the place and don't do any harm to 99.9% of users.

Halmer 20:12 31 Oct 2005

ZA is on and showing traffic so I'm assuming that it is working OK. I also have all the settings high.

Halmer 20:13 31 Oct 2005

because I can't get it to stay on!

PaulB2005 20:36 31 Oct 2005

"No need to worry about keyloggers - they're all over the place and don't do any harm to 99.9% of users."

Unless you type in credit card details with one running....

Dan the Doctus 20:46 31 Oct 2005

"Unless you type in credit card details with one running...."

99.9% of users do type in credit card details with one running and it doesn't make a jot of difference.

PaulB2005 20:48 31 Oct 2005

"99.9% of users do type in credit card details with one running and it doesn't make a jot of difference."

LOL - right. Where did you get that "fact" from?

stalion 20:50 31 Oct 2005

info about keyloggers they are not harmless
click here

DuncanG 20:53 31 Oct 2005

Bad information is worse than no information. Key loggers are a real problem and a growing one at that. Do not discount them, unless you dont mind a spot of identity theft.

Dan the Doctus 20:54 31 Oct 2005

If people are going to start getting paranoid about keyloggers then they should refrain from using a PC. They are extremely common forms of malware and nothing to be worried about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?