why does my tv go on the blink?

dmsjit67 03:40 15 Aug 2008

What influences digital tv reception or alternatively, why does my tv go on the blink?
For example, when my girlfriend uses her hair dryer upstairs, the tv goes on the blink.

Also, I swear when a certain type of vehicle goes past our house or parks outside with the motor running, the tv reception breaks up until the so and so drives off.

plus it's digital TV reception on my PC,i bought it from click here

What's that all about then?
Is it real and if so, why (scientifically) does it happen?

Alternatively, am I going mad?!

wiz-king 05:30 15 Aug 2008

"Alternatively, am I going mad?!" ---- No, the break-up is cause by interference. As the TV is digital it works by on/off pulses, the car interference is most probably caused by radiation from the spark plug leads (worst from motorbikes, mopeds and cars with fibreglass bonnets).
I suggest the hair dryer problem is sparking from the motor brushes (go green - buy her a towel).

Stuartli 07:33 15 Aug 2008

Not too many around of all three of these I suspect...:-)

Re the picture interference, you probably don't have enough TV aerial signal strength.

Gongoozler 07:53 15 Aug 2008

While analogue tv signal is still being transmitted the digital signal is kept at a very low level to prevent it interfering with the analogue, this makes it vulnerable to any influences such as electrical interference, weather poor aerial etc. It is testament to the ruggedness of the digital system that it works at all. When the analogue switch-off happens the digital will be transmitted at full strength and you should get more channels and all (hopefully) interference free. It's a pity that this will do nothing for the quality of the programmes.

FatboySlim71 08:26 15 Aug 2008

I thought the below link might be of interest to you. You will see some of my opinions on digital TV in the below post.

click here

MCE2K5 21:59 15 Aug 2008

Guys, You've been had, 'dmsjit67' is a Female Spammer.

click here=

click here

Stuartli 00:05 16 Aug 2008

What on earth are you going on about?

MCE2K5 00:12 16 Aug 2008

FE Knows.

MCE2K5 00:32 16 Aug 2008

This is how she works click here see what FE says on page 2 last post.

Also a search of the Forums turns up this click here Click the one titled 'anyone tried before??', If I remember correct, It was a Teddy Bear MP3 Player, FE Deleted it.

There was also one about a 'Handsfree Touchless Automatic Soap Dispenser'.

They are all listed with pictures in her Favorites (2nd link in my Fri, 15/08/08@21:59 Post above).

boycute 04:44 16 Aug 2008

HI,all.i'm sorry to heard that ,if you were me ,you must also do it,the detailed reason pls click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?