Why does this DVD not work?

bemuzed 10:47 24 Dec 2008

I trialled burning some home video footage onto a RW+ DVD and it worked fine. I then tried exactly the same onto a DVD+R to send to relatives but received an error that it could not write to sector (793 I think) due to power problems. I tried other DVDs and had same problem so not a dud one(had previously burnt to DVDs from packet so I thought they were OK).
I then burnt to DVD RW again but not DVD +R. Any ideas please?

skidzy 11:01 24 Dec 2008

Does your burner actually burn to dvd+R ,this could be just a fussy drive over the type of media used.

Personally and i think you will find many agree,finding a media that suits you away from rw's and +r's (i find them unreliable) to be a better move.

I tend to stick to Verbatim and Datawrite on all my computers.

You could try a different software such as

Deepburner click here

Or

Imageburn click here

bemuzed 11:04 24 Dec 2008

It has previously worked fine on those very same DVD+R DVDs from the same packet, but has stopped working with those DVD+R. Still works with DVD+RW. Could it be faulty drive that DVD+R pick up on but DVD+RW do not?

skidzy 11:10 24 Dec 2008

possibly bemuzed.

Though it still could be a few duff ones in the pack,especially if a spindle.

Try another burning program to rule out the disc errors.

bemuzed 11:15 24 Dec 2008

OK. will try one of the programmes you mention.

bemuzed 20:27 24 Dec 2008

Still got problem; feels like a dodgy drive somehow as when i put disks in and launch any writing program teh PC crashes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement