Why do my downloads never start automatically

pj123 12:32 17 Aug 2007

Whenever I download something (Adaware, AVG, Irfanview, Picassa etc.) it always says:

Your download should start automatically, if it doesn't click here.

Mine never start automatically, I always have to use the click here bit.

I don't mean updates, but complete programs.

eedcam 12:56 17 Aug 2007

IE is probaly stopping it look at the top of the screen nextime below the address bar there should be a warbning notice acroos the top with a click here to allow downloads.It is to protect you accidentally downloading

oldbeefer2 13:32 17 Aug 2007

Have a look in Settings, Internet Options, Security, Downloads - you may have 'automatically prompt for file downloads' enabled.

pj123 15:04 17 Aug 2007

eedcam, yes you are correct. Never noticed that before. So, how do I change it so that it does allow downloads?

oldbeefer2, checked that out. I don't have Downloads in Internet Options, Security.

pj123 15:07 17 Aug 2007

eedcam, yes you are correct. Never noticed that before. So, how do I change it so that it does allow downloads?

oldbeefer2, checked that out. I don't have Downloads in Internet Options, Security.

Pamy 15:15 17 Aug 2007

It may well be to do with your secutity settings

Pamy 15:16 17 Aug 2007

security

anskyber 16:21 17 Aug 2007

It is security. IE7 (if you are using it and IE6 before) in Internet Options under Tools will have a default setting in the security tab of warn before downloads. You can if you wish deal with it by choosing custom settings and selecting what you want.

eedcam 18:57 17 Aug 2007

Dont know I would leave it and tick allow when you click on it. Its a safety net sooner or later if you are doing frequent downloads of freebies you'll get something you dont want cos you clicked before checking

mitsme 19:20 17 Aug 2007

Hi pj123,

You may have your comp setting to advise you of downloads, it may also be your firewall settings check both & set those that you trust to automatic & all should work fine.

I presonally set my Anti-virus to download on auto, my firewall also. I leave my windows updates to download & install later, sometimes those you have to check out for compatability.

All the best
Mitsme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?