Why do I get "302 Moved" after click on links

AroundAgain 14:44 08 Sep 2015

Hi

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox, v40.0.3 and when I click on a link I am increasingly getting a blank white page with "302 Moved. The document has moved here" If I then click on the link 'here', I will get taken to the correct web page.

Also, sometimes I just get a totally blank white page when left click on link but, if i go back and RIGHT click on the link and choose 'Open in New Tab/Window' the window will open normally.

This has been going on for a few months now but seems to be happening more frequently as it goes on.

I can't relate it to any software I've installed. It doesn't happen every time, but it is quite frequent.

Has anyone any idea what the problem might be and how I might solve it. Thanks very much

lotvic 15:45 08 Sep 2015

Could be some sort of re-direct virus/malware, are the links through search engine Google or from your saved bookmarks/favourites?

Does any of: Google search error - "302 moved The document has moved here" click here sound familiar?

Ashrich 16:15 08 Sep 2015

Firefox > add ons > extensions ...if you have an an active add on called NoRedirect and it is " enabled " disable it , see if that helps

Ashley

AroundAgain 16:15 08 Sep 2015

Hi lotvic

It usually happens when I've clicked on a link in a forum or on a web page. It doesn't happen when I click on any of my Bookmarks/Toolbar.

I've just looked at your link and it's not quite the same as my experience, in that I've not been asked to complete a Captcha thing.

It would seem I need to run Malwarebytes and Spybot. I'm checking out addons and disabling them, one at a time, to see if any are the cause.

Thanks. I'll also do a search on the error and see what else crops up

Any other help will be very much appreciated. Thanks

AroundAgain 16:19 08 Sep 2015

Hi Ashrich

No, I don't have that addon. I have Adblock Plus, Classic Theme Restorer, Clearly (now disabled), Ghostery, ReminderFox, Video DownloadHelper, Avast Online Security (currently disabled - today)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Ashrich 16:24 08 Sep 2015

Have you tried starting Firefox with all add ons and extensions disabled then enable them one at a time until the problem happens again

Ashley

AroundAgain 16:39 08 Sep 2015

Yes, I have started Firefox with all addons disabled, ie Safe Mode. It seemed better but it's at random when I get the problem. I've now got the addons running again but have disabled Avast Online Security and Clearly. It certainly seems to be running better with these disabled, I have to say.

The reason I have done it this way is because the two I've disabled now are ones that have been added the last and I felt that both or one of them could well be the cause. The other addons I've had for a very long time so felt they were less likely to be the culprits. I'll certainly be disabling them in turn if the current disabled don't solve the issue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?