Why can't we have threads on Kazza

DAG88 12:16 25 Oct 2003

I believe that Kazaa is a perfectly legal program as long as it is not used to download copyright material therefore why does the forum editor close down any kazaa threads?

rev.bem 12:27 25 Oct 2003

click here

Plenty of discussion here.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:31 25 Oct 2003

It usually gets into a 'NO YUO!' debacle. there are Kazaa forums as a quick Google will reveal.

G

The Spires 12:34 25 Oct 2003

But sadly 'Eric Jones Snr' the last legal Kazaa user passed away last Wendesday afternoon while searching for African Swallow mating chirps (wave files).

I think they made hand guns illegal for the same reason, some tend to use them for things other than firing at cans.

spuds 12:34 25 Oct 2003

As per post heading- You can have threads about Kazza, providing it is not recommending any illegal activities and such like.The thread that rev.bem indicates, is still open for further discussions, so why not add to that.

Forum Editor 18:58 25 Oct 2003

doesn't "close down any kazaa threads", he closes those that involve discussions about how to download music and software illegally. The fact is that the vast majority of people using Kazaa are doing so because they are downloading copyright-protected music without paying for it - which is illegal, and we will not support threads that discuss how to do it.

I hope that's cleared up the confusion?

john-232317 12:13 26 Oct 2003

I thought i read somewhere that they were going to put a tax on blank vhs, audio tapes and cd,s, and the procedes being given to the copyrights board, to cure this problem.

wee eddie 17:34 26 Oct 2003

That thread is at least 30 years old!

A_World_Maker 17:51 26 Oct 2003

Does anyone actually use kazaa to download copyright material? :-O.... I bet you go over the speed limit as well you cad sir!!!

john-232317 20:41 26 Oct 2003

Oooops i must be getting old..;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017