why cant I log on to this site with google chrome

laptopdunce 19:56 08 Jun 2015

All of a sudden I cant log on to this new (VERY DIFFICULT TO NAVIGATE!) site using google chrome, the log in page DOES appear but the icons for logging in with a Gmail address do not appear - i have only been able to log in via when using an internet explorer browser, seems very bad that its not possible to access this site with a google browser. thanks Laptopdunce

northumbria61 21:04 08 Jun 2015

I think the new look site is still being "ironed out". I don't use Google Laptopdunce - I don't use Chrome or G Mail so can't comment. I wouldn't describe the site as difficult to navigate but a little different to what we have been used to. I personally like the changes that have been made but I suppose they can't be to everyone's liking. Give it a few days and you will be navigating with your eyes shut.

bumpkin 21:34 08 Jun 2015

Since the site has been updated a lot of people seem to be having login problems even the very knowledgable members. I think it is something that will soon be sorted out. Site is a lot faster now and not difficult to navigate after a short while. Some pre-warning and basic guidance would have been helpful though.

Pine Man 13:27 09 Jun 2015

laptopdunce

It's the same with Safari:-(

rdave13 19:51 09 Jun 2015

In Chrome click on the hamburger icon (Chrome's one not PCA's one) and zoom out until you see the google search bar in the red header. Mine is ok at 125%. Once you see the white search box then click on the PCA's hamburger icon and you should now see the log in option. Possibly similar in Safari, Pine Man?

laptopdunce 20:58 09 Jun 2015

its not the hamburger icon that affects this, I am getting the banner for the log in window but the icons for google/facebook/twitter simply do not appear in the banner when using google chrome browser, I am now only in here on IE browser, in fact since I logged on tonight (was used this morning on chrome) I now cant even get a window to open in the chrome browser, this happened once before and it was something to do with updates, God I DESPISE COMPUTERS!!! LAPTOPDUNCE

bumpkin 22:24 09 Jun 2015

Log in with your "PC Advisor account" if you have that option. It should be located below the recommended log in.

bumpkin 22:24 09 Jun 2015

Log in with your "PC Advisor account" if you have that option. It should be located below the recommended log in.

bumpkin 22:49 09 Jun 2015

You will need to enter your Email address that you used to register here initially and your password. Assuming it works you will be able to go to "account" where you can verify your password which it will tell you is incorrect so ignore that and you should remain logged in. Part of the joys of computing:-)

Pine Man 08:10 10 Jun 2015

In Safari I get the 'Hamburger' on the PCA site. It invites me to log in, which I do, and tick the box for it to be remembered. Next time I open the site I have been logged off!

Works perfectly in Firefox but, as I use an iMac, Safari is a better browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?