Why cant I format or partition my external hdd??

Khaled_Rohman 17:01 20 Jan 2015
Answered

i have a 500gb externet hdd... some days before it started to become raw..... so i formatted it and tried to partition it in several partitions...... but i failed and now it not even formatting nor making a single partition..... i tried disk management and a third party software but both in vain..... below i have given the pics what happening..... plz quickly help me

Khaled_Rohman 17:17 20 Jan 2015

click here here you see it doesnt have any partition nor any format option and i cant even change its partition setting

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:33 20 Jan 2015

Those pictures are so small they are unreadable, pleas repost larger screen shots.

Can you run chkdsk on the drive?

rdave13 17:41 20 Jan 2015

Fruit Bat /\0/\ , click on the image to expand.

Khaled_Rohman 18:11 20 Jan 2015

no i cant chkdsk it fails.... and yes click on the pics to expand

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 20 Jan 2015

Have a read here

Khaled_Rohman 20:45 20 Jan 2015

i already tried this method but chkdsk says cant check raw drives and when i schedule check and restart my pc windows cant find my external hdd and skips the check.

BRYNIT 21:25 20 Jan 2015

What make of Hard drive?

Have you been to the Hard drive manufacturer web site to see if they supply a program that will check the Hard drive?

What third party partition program have you tried?

You could try and clean/format the drive via Command Prompt CLICK HERE

1]: [click here

Khaled_Rohman 10:09 21 Jan 2015

its a seagate externel hdd brand samsung.........i have downloaded a app to check and fix my hdd from seagate website but it didnt help........ i used easeus partition manager aswell...... command prompt cant clean/ format it says raw drive data cyclic error...... i will try the diskpart and let u know

Khaled_Rohman 10:21 21 Jan 2015

diskpart has encountered an error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

everything i am trying is saying the same error....... i have checked the disk surface and its showing a lot of bad sectors but there is also many good sectors...... i dont find a way to make windows ignore those bad sectors an repartition..... also i am hearing a low glittering noise from the hdd which i dont think it made before

Khaled_Rohman 10:39 21 Jan 2015

i have tried to use this hdd internally and partitioning it from a windows 7 installation disk to use it as my primary hdd as i heard using hdd externally can cause drive to go raw anytimes....... but its not booting windows installation and only showing ''1234F'' in boot screen........ is my hdd fully corrupted??? cant i run it with the good sectors left in it!!! i need it running no matter 10gb/20gb of it is corrupt.... 400 of 465 gb will do for me..... i want to bypass the corrupt sectorts and use the left good sectors

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017