Why can't GMail provide Folders to store ones special eMails in

wee eddie 15:19 14 Mar 2015

Every other email program that I use provides an ability to create Folders to store ones memorable eMails in.

Why cannot Gmail do this, or perhaps it can and I have been unable to discover the facility.

I know that you can separate arriving eMails into separate Boxes, on arrival, but that does not really cut the mustard for long term storage.

rdave13 15:40 14 Mar 2015

On the left side I hover over the Personal label, say, and then click the down arrow to the right. In the list select Add sublabel and name it.

Ian in Northampton 16:43 14 Mar 2015

I certainly have the equivalent of folders on my gmail accounts. gmail just doesn't call them folders - it calls them labels, but they work pretty much the same. When I'm in Inbox, I click on 'More' and below appear two options - 'manage labels' and 'create new label'. The latter allows you to create a folder/label, and that appears in your Inbox listing. Then, you just drag email from your Inbox to the label you want.

Or am I missing something?

rdave13 17:17 14 Mar 2015

That's another way to create new folders/labels as Ian in Northampton says.

rdave13 17:21 14 Mar 2015

You don't have to drag and drop, as with an open email you'll have a folder icon above. Clicking it allows you to "move to" and you get a list of folders and sub folders or labels as they are called.

wee eddie 18:17 14 Mar 2015

Calling a spade, a spade, seems to be the problem.

I shall investigate the Label thing when I've finished work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017