Why are E mails from one friend not be received by another?

Woodlane 11:01 22 Feb 2015

I am trying to help two friends to sort out a problem. Friend A has a Tiscali E Mail account but none of his E mails will arrive with another friend B who is with Supanet. So A e mails B but sends it to me and I forward it. This has been going on for while. No other E mails to anyone else are affected. I guess the problem is with the receiver. If so what does he need to do?

alanrwood 11:56 22 Feb 2015

Possibly Spam Filter??? on either the receivers email program or at the ISP level.

That is provided the receivers email is set up correctly.

Secret-Squirrel 11:57 22 Feb 2015

What does friend B use to send and receive his emails - webmail in a web browser, or an email client like Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail?

tullie 16:27 22 Feb 2015

Are you sending and receiving emails from these two ok?

Woodlane 16:48 22 Feb 2015

Thank you. Yes I am. The problem only exists between the two of them. I will submit the responses for further investigation.

Woodlane 19:06 22 Feb 2015

Friend b tells me that he uses Microsoft Outlook 2010. His ISP is Plusnet who have een told of the problem and are looking into it. So a solution may be suggested by them.

Secret-Squirrel 19:40 22 Feb 2015

".......he uses Microsoft Outlook 2010"

He may have inadvertently added friend A to Outlook's "Blocked Senders" list. Tell him to have a look here, and if A's address is in the list then remove it. However, I would have thought that B would have noticed A's emails in the Junk folder but it's still worth suggesting.

Woodlane 09:02 23 Feb 2015

Thanks. I understand that the E mails have not been appearing as junk. B is on the case himself.

Secret-Squirrel 09:52 23 Feb 2015

"B is on the case himself."

OK then but please let us know the outcome.

Woodlane 18:35 23 Feb 2015

Sad to say everything has been tried and still no luck. B has got two contacts with Tiscali to E mail him and both arrived OK so that's one thing out of the way. he has added A to the "safe senders list" and to the "do not block" section too. It's all very puzzling. B is taking the matter up but any furtherideas are welcome.

Secret-Squirrel 19:06 23 Feb 2015

".....any furtherideas are welcome."

Tell B to logon to Supanet webmail and check any blocked-senders settings and the Junk/Spam folder. I'm not familiar with Supanet webmail so I don't even know if any of these options exist. Here's the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone