Why am I receiving "Cannot move file..." message ?

Antonio Machado 23:02 17 Feb 2009

Hello experts !

I work with Windows XP Professional and I have all my frequent places under "Favorites" perfectly well organized and easy to find and access. Well, sometimes whenever I am organizing those "Favorites" it appears this message "Cannot move this file: cannot read from the source file or list". What can I do to move that file from one place to another one ? Many thanks in advance, best, Antonio.

Bazz2000 00:38 18 Feb 2009

Is this pc on a network? If so its possible you are trying to access a shared file on a pc that is turned off. Is this possible?

Antonio Machado 01:23 18 Feb 2009

Thanks for making time to help me. No, my friend, it is not a network, it is just my PC, the only is that I have it with four 21" Monitors but I don't think that would have any effect on this, do you ? please continue helping me, best, Antonio.

gazzaho 07:25 18 Feb 2009

If it says the file is being used by another process then you could try Unlocker click here install it and right click on the file select Unlocker, if another process is locking the file then click on unlock, then try moving the file again.

If that doesn't work try checking the drive the file is on for errors, File system corruption could be preventing access to the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?