why 2 sim card slots in phone

bumpkin 21:11 15 Oct 2014

Hi all, just got a new basic mobile, all I need. On opening it to insert my card there are 2 slots (bays). I have put mine into one and it works fine but what is the other one for, there is no reference to it in the manual and looking on line the images I have found only show one. It is TTfone VenusTT700. Browsing the web I can find some mentions of this but nothing at all clear.

bumpkin 21:27 15 Oct 2014

No, both normal size sim card slots.

BRYNIT 21:32 15 Oct 2014

Just looked at the phone on ebay and watch a small video which says the second slot is for a micro sd memory card.

CLICK HERE Video towards the bottom of the web page

bumpkin 21:48 15 Oct 2014

BRYNIT and Jock1e, thanks for the quick responses and links. I have 2 sim card slots and one for the micro SD card. In the videos the second sim card slot on the left appears to be covered by tape.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:09 15 Oct 2014

some phones are capable of dual sim

i.e. one for personal calls and one for business calls

bumpkin 22:19 15 Oct 2014

Not important anyway, just wondered why it is there and no reference to it anywhere that I can find.

spuds 23:34 15 Oct 2014

Like Fruit Bat suggests, some mobiles have dual sim card facility for dual use.

If you have a sim card (with credit on the card) for the same network, and from another mobile telephone, then stick that in, and see what happens.

Caution: Don't use a card, unless you want it to remain active, due to possible terms and conditions or time limits of usage. You might lose credits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?