Whos Antispyware?

powerless 11:43 09 Jan 2005

Default Install of Microsofts Antispyware gives you this on a tool tip of the icon that is placed on the desktop.

click here

It cheered me up and no doubt MS know by now.

ACOLYTE 11:46 09 Jan 2005

What does the validate thing mean and do you need to install the activex controll?

powerless 11:49 09 Jan 2005

You mean when you download the file?

It's a way validating your copy of Windows is legal. The ActiveX is the validator...

You don't have to be validated and you can downlaod the file easily.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:49 09 Jan 2005

Tried a right click on the icon and got

"Scan GIANTAnispywareMain.exe" :o)

ACOLYTE 11:55 09 Jan 2005

Does this run ok with other spyware apps? i dont wont a conflict,i have dloaded it but not installed it yet.As i have never used Giant spyware i cant comment on the icon,lol.

JIM 11:59 09 Jan 2005

As you say Powerless GIANTAntiSpywareMain all over icons/satellite etc.

As long as it works and does the job.:)

rawprawn 12:09 09 Jan 2005

No problem with conflicts, I also run Spybot, Spywareblaster, Adaware, and Ccleaner

rawprawn 12:13 09 Jan 2005

Just one thing I have had a bit of a conflict with Spywareguard regarding Start pages, and I have had to tell MS Antispyware to "Always ignore" my home page tiscali. It showed it as a possible threat. Anyone else with a similar problem.

Baslla321 12:20 09 Jan 2005

rawprawn - Same with me. As I do not have Internet explorer as default page, it asks my permission to either accept it or change it.

rawprawn 12:34 09 Jan 2005

You can change it's default by going into Advanced Tools / Browser Hijack you can then change various settings, but there are a number of them and I found it a bit complicated but got what I wanted in the end.

Graham ® 12:37 09 Jan 2005

The technology was acquired from Giant Company Software. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie