Whole-site font changer? Eg. with CSS?

RWest 22:13 06 Apr 2008

[Sorry - compressed title due to space restrictions]

Ages ago 4 months? I posted to wonder if it's possible to change the fonts in a whole website, not just one page as some fancy sites show. (They change the main stylesheet, but only for the one page). I expect it's impossible, but maybe I underestimate people's ingenuity.

To avoid doubt, the idea is you'd have a button you click to (for example) reverse out the text oin the whole site, if you like that. Or switch from serif to sanserif.

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:51 06 Apr 2008

you could have two separate style sheets and make the link point to one of two separate index pages, which in turn pointed to the correct style sheet.

RWest 10:49 07 Apr 2008

Gosh - myu post was badly-worded, wasn't it!

All I mean is, is it possible to have a button, or selection of buttons, which change an entire site, not just one page?

barry, I can't understand your posting!

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:00 07 Apr 2008

determines what font is used on the whole site, so it should be possible to point to another stylsheet with a different font from a link.

You have to link your pages to a separate stylesheet surely, otherwise you will be wasting time setting the style on every page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?