Who stole the network switch? How to determine what time the network went down from a log?

gabbag24 06:14 14 Apr 2015

We have a Windows server 2008 network in our office. Someone stole one of the switches but I can't be sure of the exact time. Where the switch is there's no CCTV camera, but there is a camera that shows the entry into the room where the switch is. Is there any way of looking at a log in any of the 2 computers that became disconnected from the network as a result of the theft to determine what time the disconnection took place? If I know this time I can correlate this information with CCTV data to see who did it. The disconnected computers were running Windows 7 and one was a Windows XP machine.

lotvic 11:53 15 Apr 2015

Maybe possible by looking in Event Viewer ClickHere Might be logged in Event Viewer. I think the path is: Event Viewer, Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Networking. The Event ID is 6100 I think for disconnections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?