Who is right belarc or MS?

ACOLYTE 12:38 19 Mar 2006

I have just run belarc and it is telling me that i need to reinstall an update Number 902400,when i goto the MS update site there are no downloads available,so what to do?

VoG II 12:44 19 Mar 2006

Hmm. It is telling me exactly the same.

Eric10 12:50 19 Mar 2006

See if it is listed in 'Add and Remove Programs' with the 'Show updates' box ticked. It shows as installed on mine and Belark is happy. You can download the update manually from click here

ACOLYTE 12:51 19 Mar 2006

Thas strange that we should both get the same error with tthe same update,a glitch with belarc?
It shows ok in add/remove,and i have found the article on the MS site but no download location.

ACOLYTE 12:52 19 Mar 2006

Thx have just dloaded it will reinstall and see what belacr says them.

ACOLYTE 12:54 19 Mar 2006

Well that seems to have done the job,belacr is happy and it shows in add/remove as ok,cant think why belacr said it was broke(.

ACOLYTE 12:56 19 Mar 2006

Just noticed it says the same date i originally installed it,strange things computers,lol.

VoG II 12:58 19 Mar 2006

Thanks Eric10. ACOLYTE - exactly the same here - weird.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:01 19 Mar 2006

Same problem here fixed in Belarc but not in add/remove programmes. Wonder if Ccleaner hotfix uninstaller has played a part.

Nosmas 15:22 19 Mar 2006

I have just run Belarc on my system and it reported (under 'Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes') that "All required security hotfixes (using the 01/10/2006 Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary) have been installed." - (I presume this is American style date for 10th January 2006).

I then clicked on Start > Help and support and went to 'Review you Update History'. This showed me that Security Update for Windows XP - KB902400 - was in fact installed on 15th October 2005. Is this the one you are referring to? If so it would seem that it has been missing from your system for some time; it is strange it has not been picked up before in view of all the security downloads that have occurred in between.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires