White Screen

ned3110 21:25 09 Jul 2008

I'm having trouble with a monitor. I have just built a machine and connected the monitor up it worked for a little while but now its white. If you power it down and then on it works for a second and then turns white again. I know the cable is good because I tried it with another monitor which worked fine.

Has anyone else had this, or this one dead?

iqs 21:34 09 Jul 2008

'I have just built a machine '

Could be graphics card?,have you tried the PC on another monitor.

Had a similar prob some time a go on a friends PC,turned out the monitor did not like the new VGA cable.Used the supplied standard cable,sorted.

ned3110 22:07 09 Jul 2008

Yeah I tried another monitor with the machine and it was fine. Tried two cables as well.

Hmmm

iqs 12:20 10 Jul 2008

If onboard graphics,try updating the drivers if poss.Check to see if its disabled in the BIOS.

If a graphics card,does it require power from the PSU,if yes, does it supply enough watts and amps?.On board graphics must be disabled before fitting a card,sometimes it will do automatically.

Hope this helps.

crosstrainer 12:28 10 Jul 2008

Connect a monitor that works, and set the screen refresh rate to 60HZ.

Plug in the old monitor and see if it works. If it does, then you are overdriving it with the new card.

kalignorgna 14:39 10 Jul 2008

forget about the graphics driver all graphics cards and chips have basic drivers to allow you to get the system working properley so this is not the proplem.

kalignorgna 15:59 10 Jul 2008

sounds like a dead mono

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?