WhichVideoEditng package ?

JACC 22:18 12 Jun 2003

I would like to start putting my video onto disc and i would like to know what is good and not too expensive . I need a caputre card and software and a firewire cable , i need the lot really don't i .I have a DV camcorder if that is any help to you maybe not .I am just starting , so a basic job would do just fine .

fitshase 23:38 12 Jun 2003

I have a DV camcorder and I simply purchased a firewire card and cable.

As for software, if you have Windows XP, there is a free video editing software called Microsoft Movie Maker (go to the Microsoft website to download the latest version of Movie Maker - only if you have XP).

There are some packages out there (Pinnacle - I think) which have a bundle of firewire card and video software.

I have had a play around with Adobe Premiere 6.5 but it is very advanced and I found that Microsoft Movie Maker v2 was ideal.

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 23:41 12 Jun 2003

look here for Microsoft Movie Maker 2:-

click here

Fitshase

jazzypop 23:44 12 Jun 2003

For a cheap but good firewire card, go to dabs.com and search for quicklinx 179GWS

Two-port PCI Firewire card, £10.50

jazzypop 23:54 12 Jun 2003

A better deal - quicklinx 17ZKWS, also at dabs.com

Three-port firewire card and Cyberlink SE (video editing package) £15 - note that delivery is stated as '1-2 weeks', which can be even longer than that at dabs. A good deal, if you are not in a hurry.

y_not 06:23 13 Jun 2003

I use firewire & Studio 8 - works fine (Pity I didn't ask jazzypop where to buy cause I know I paid more than that!).

Just a couple of points: -

You will need quite large amounts of HDD space for the file (22mins = 5.23Gb AVI file).

The limit for an SVCD is around 35 minutes of encoded video.

Can your DVD player play SVCD's?

Finally, encoding takes a while (depends on CPU speed) but I usually encode overnight so I don't have a problem with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone