Which wireless adapter should I buy?

Hoseman 14:05 27 Jun 2007

Ive got a belkin router and have a wireless connection set up at home but Ive been advised to buy a new one as I cant connect to it after setting up my security. My PC is around 6 years old and I have an AGP (does this matter?) motherboard. Just wondering which adapter I should buy and what considerations i need to take into account?

P1d 16:32 27 Jun 2007

Your motherboard doesn't matter unless you were buying a pci wireless adapter and you would just need to check that you had a spare pci slot.

I would buy a usb wireless adapter (or dongle), there are loads on the market but if you have a belkin router you may want to buy a belkin adapter (although you don't have to, any will do the job), I've listed a couple of links below;

click here
click here

They are available from most pc equipment suppliers but I was browsing Novatech at the time so had a quick look on there for you.

Hope this helps.

P1d 16:35 27 Jun 2007

I've just read your post again and confused myself!!

Did you want a wireless adapter or a wireless router?

If it's a wireless router could you let us know if you have adsl or cable broadband.

P1d 16:39 27 Jun 2007

If it's a router you need;

ADSL (this one comes with a free usb adapter);
click here

Cable;
click here

Hope this helps.

Strawballs 22:24 27 Jun 2007

If your PC is about 6yrs old what OS are you running because it might make a difference if you are on win98

Hoseman 10:54 28 Jun 2007

Sorry for not being clear, its actually a wireless adapter Im after.

Im on XP and thanks for suggestions so far. :)

P1d 11:03 28 Jun 2007

No problem.

You can't really go wrong with USB adapters, most people use them now.

Novatech click here and eBuyer click here have good selections, I can recommend both suppliers.

P1d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017