Which video format and what size?

arnie30 10:55 01 Mar 2009

Hi all,
Can anyone advise on which video format and what size should for watching my net book with a 9.5" screen and running ubuntu.
I am putting Tv shows I have recorded from tv and was not sure as to what process I should go through to view them in decent quality without going overboard.
I have the usual suspects installed on my windows laptop such as Nero, Clone dvd mobile etc.

any help would be great.

many thanks

VOT Productions 15:14 01 Mar 2009

MPEG-2 1024x1024 will work the lower the better for netbooks

arnie30 15:54 01 Mar 2009

Hi, cheers for fast response but, what would be the end video size of this as I only have a 8 gig solid state hard drive plus 8 gig sd card. Trying to keep them small so I can fit a few on for travelling.

Kevscar1 16:04 01 Mar 2009

To have any idea you will have to give details of the length of the show. I suggest doing one then you will know.

Kevscar1 16:07 01 Mar 2009

If you have a lot to do PC World do a 160gb Portable harddrive for £40

click here

arnie30 16:14 01 Mar 2009

Doing a few tv shows to watch on holiday such as eastenders and usual half hour shows.Liked to compress them but what software would you advise on. Baring in mind, my idea is to first record to my "under the TV, dvd recorder" then insert disc into pc and go.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?