Which version of A-squared??

Wak 10:41 19 Jul 2006

Hi Folks, I have had A-squared installed for years now but am not sure if I have got a valid version.
At the moment version 1.8 Beta appears on screen but when updating only loads the 10MB file to enable me to change over to the new version 2.0 which is only free for 30 days. Also no fresh update signatures have appeared in the A2 files since April 2006.
I have recently downloaded the FREE version 1.6.5 and installed it and A-squared V.1.6.5 now appears in the control panel Add/Remove lists and is also listed in Windows Explorer but version 1.8 Beta still loads up on screen and doesn't show the date of the last update as it should do.
Would it be wise to remove all versions and then reload V.1.6.5 or can anyone tell me anything about version 1.8 Beta??
What was the date of the last update for V.1.6.5 and does it still update when requested??
Many thanks for any forth-coming replies.

NewestRoyWidd 10:59 19 Jul 2006

Hello Wak;I have v.1.6.5,there is a traces update out now,so yes,it still updates as and when without problems.
NRW

Wak 11:12 19 Jul 2006

Thanks for the info, NRW, I think I will cancel everything and re-install V.1.6.5 later but for now I'll wait for any possible info on V1.8 Beta.
Thanks again.
Wak.

NewestRoyWidd 11:59 19 Jul 2006

Wak;Take a look at this click here and you'll see that your Beta version has been replaced by v.2.
I suggest you uninstall your Beta and stay with v.1.6.5,because at least you know now that you can get updates for it.
Regards,NRW

Wak 12:57 19 Jul 2006

NRW. thanks a lot for that. I'll sort it out this afternoon and tick as resolved.
Cheers,
Wak.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?