Which USB 2.0??

Ben Avery (Work) 14:45 11 Feb 2003

Gday

I'm thinking about getting a 4 port USB 2.0 PCI card for my PC. Any recommendations? I've seen this one: click here

I would also like the thought of getting in a hub but I'm not sure whether the sort that plug into an existing USB port need to go into a USB 2.0 port and if so, if my mobo's USB's are 1.1 or 2.0?

Mobo= Gigabyte GA-7VTXE

What's ya thoughts?

BA

€dstow 14:55 11 Feb 2003

I think you're far better getting a real USB port rather than a hub. Even though hubs may have improved, I am very wary of them because of huge problems in the past - especially with printers and scanners.

The USB2 cards I use are the 5 port (4 external, 1 internal) from Scan ref: LN 3683 £16·45 inc. click here

€d

Djohn 15:12 11 Feb 2003

Agree with €dstow. I have recently bought a PCI usb2 card, with 4 ports, and have my scanner and printer plugged into the card.

Both work at usb2 on win 98se.

Ben Avery (Work) 15:17 11 Feb 2003

What does this refer to?

Ben Avery (Work) 15:20 11 Feb 2003

I usually use dabs as they deliver quickly , efficiently and I like their service. I've seen this one, would it be any better/worse getting this one click here (free delivery too!)

BA

€dstow 15:21 11 Feb 2003

Your click here illustration looks very similar to the Scan ones but, I suppose they all do!!

I've no complaints about the Scan ones at all but, be careful about delivery charges for small items from them, it may be the Dabs works out cheaper for a one off.

€d

Djohn 15:28 11 Feb 2003

Regarding your question, *NEC Chipset*, I would think this refers to the chip being manufactured by NEC.

Ben Avery (Work) 15:43 11 Feb 2003

Cheers people. The one mentioned by €d has a £7 carriage fee which seems excessive so I'll get the 2nd one from dabs.

Thank you!

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?