which ultra portable laptop

mick7 21:37 01 Apr 2007

I just had a month in Spain, my biggest expense was Daily Telegraph and other local newspapers, £75 (on the wagon just now) which laptop (notebook)would you suggest for internet only use. I have been looking at the Sony tx 3, but not too impressed with the price for what you get, I know of an ISP that does dial-up in Spain, (gonuts4free) they charge local rates. Must be cheaper than what I have been paying. Cheers. Mick.

skidzy 22:27 01 Apr 2007

If you just want this lappy for holidays/buisness and internet etc,why not go for a second hand model.

If you only require internet,go for a cheap as chips model...you certainly do not need the all singing and all dancing Sony for your requirements.

I have an old Lappy kicking around,if interested,use the yellow Envelope to contact me.

mick7 23:19 01 Apr 2007

thanks skidzy, I have an oldish one (Medion) but it weighs about 7 pound, the sony tx 3 is about 3 pound.
good choice from Beta`s link, seen one (Q1)in PC world £700. cheers lads.

itg 13:34 02 Apr 2007

Hi mate, take a look at this model. Had one since July last year and cannot fault it!

mick7 22:38 02 Apr 2007

Cheers itg, checked it out, looks good, Dells site looks about the same price (£940 inc) as E bay. having serious thoughts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017