Which TV recorder with Hard Drive?

Snec 11:04 16 Jun 2009

I'm looking to purchase above but after reading scores of reviews I'm none the wiser.

A lot of the reviews mention noisy fans and HDDs. This would send me demented!

If anyone has a recorder that is quiet in operation and nice to use I would appreciate hearing your views.

Submariner1967 11:52 16 Jun 2009

Hi,
I bought a Panasonic DMX-EX88 last year and have found it excellent. No noise, no fuss and really easy to set up and use. I won't go into the technical facts and figures as you can read these at your leisure on line, but for me it is an excellent machine and well worth the money.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Graham

Snec 17:32 16 Jun 2009

Thanks Graham,

I can only find reviews for DMR (not X) but none-the-less everyone seems to be of a similar opinion to you.

No one mentions noise at all. I may well go for this.

john bunyan 17:39 16 Jun 2009

I have two - both good. A Panasonic (I think the DMR EX 75 version - probably there is a newer model now) and a Pioneer.. Both have freeview, hard drives and can burn DVD's. The Panasonic is a little easier to programme and edit films etc - The Pioneer has a USB port and can double up as a Jukebox. Noise no problem on either.

Snec 20:03 16 Jun 2009

I have ordered the Panasonic DMR-EX769EB-K from Amazon. There are good reviews on there too so I'm fairly happy that with your help I've made the right choice.

Many thanks
Snec

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?