Which TV card?

  BRFCIDB 21:10 11 Dec 2006

I want to buy a tv card for my son's computer for his xmas, plaese could you advise of the best one. Also can you plug a scart lead into a TV card



  Stuartli 22:01 11 Dec 2006

You can't plug a Scart lead into a PCI TV card because they don't have a Scart connection - it's done using S-Video or similar connections on a TV Out equipped card or graphics card.

The best all round bet is a Freeview DTB PCI TV card from Hauppauge, Twinhan, K-World or similar - price will be around £25-£35 from Scan, Dabs, Novatech or similar online retailer.

You will, of course, need to provide a good strength TV aerial feed (standard TV coaxial and plug); my TV card is fed from an aerial amplifier.

  Technotiger 22:07 11 Dec 2006

Hi, I have the Freecom (£29.99) as shown here

click here

If you are in a good area for TV Reception it is great, but even if you are, I would advise to connect it to a normal aerial, I have mine connected via a coax splitter from my main TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?