Which of these RAMs works the best with Ryzen?

FrozdY 20:49 11 Apr 2017
Answered

Hello, I'm wondering which of these works the best with Ryzen? I would look it up myself, but none of my local internet stores shows the type like: "DDR4-2667" and all of the different variants.

These have been proven to work great with Ryzen, but they're not available in my stores:

• Geil EVO X
  • G.Skill Trident Z
  • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

But those that I have access to is just:

• Corsair Vengeance LPX Black
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
  • Crucial Ballistix Elite
  • HyperX Fury Black

And if there's any specific speeds they should have, please post that aswell so it'll be easier for me to find, and please do not post your personal preference unless you've tried various ones yourself already and have established which one, that is if it's any of these, remember, these are ALL that I can get.

Thank you.

wee eddie 22:33 11 Apr 2017

As there is likely to be a considerable lead time for any Ryzen Processors to hit the market and each Processor will, very likely, require different RAM Modules. I suggest that you dampen your enthusiasm until you know which Ryzen Model you will be getting

Old Deuteronomy 22:55 11 Apr 2017

The most important consideration is compatibility with your chosen motherboard, check carefully before buying.

Differences in performance, using different RAM modules rated at similar speeds, is going to be too small to notice, unless you make a habit of running benchmarks.

Archonar 23:13 11 Apr 2017

please do not post your personal preference unless you've tried various ones yourself already and have established which one, that is if it's any of these

I'm sorry, but I would be very surprised if anyone on here has tried multiple RAM types with the new processors (which release today as it happens). And I would be surprised if anyone does for a while at least. All we can do here is give you our opinion from experience and knowledge.

As has been said we need to know which processor you are buying to provide the best advice. As for the ram, as long as your motherboard supports it, your cpu will almost definitely support it. Ryzen has been show to handle up to 3600MHz, though that is right that the top end so possibly pushing it. The difference between different types of ram of the same speed, well there isnt really any difference at all that you will notice as far as I am aware, so just get the one that takes your fancy.

FrozdY 04:07 12 Apr 2017

Wee Eddie: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO is gonna be my Mobo and Ryzen 1700X is gonna be the processor, I've already looked it up, just waiting to get this question answered.

Old Deuteronomy: I'm not running benchmarks unless I get something new, but I do have a habit of multitasking.

Archonar: Yeah, it's true, but there have been proof of performance dip when using the wrong RAM, for example G.Skill Ripjaws V Black 3600MHz clearly states that it's optimized for the new Intel Sky Lake processor, that's why I asked this in the first place.

FrozdY 18:49 15 Apr 2017
Answer

Upgrades:

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz No Fan S-AM4 from AMD FX-6200 BE 6-CORE 3.8GHZ 14MB SOCKET AM3+.
  • Phanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Window from some scrapbox I got from a friend.
  • ASUS Prime X370-Pro S-AM4 ATX from GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ ATX.
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 non-ECC(2x 8gb) from KINGSTON 8GB 1600MHZ DDR3 CL10 DIMM HYPERX BLU.
  • MSI Core Frozr L CPU-Cooler from NOCTUA NH-L9A.

Parts that's gonna be moved over:

• OCZ VERTEX 3 2.5" 240GB SSD SATA/600 MLC.
  • CORSAIR AX 1200W PROFESSIONAL SERIES MODULAR PSU.

Later things:

• Corsair Force MP500 240GB M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) 3000mb/s read and 2400mb/s write.
  FrozdY 18:50 15 Apr 2017

Edit, gonna move over my MSI R9 390 too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)