which software to rip DVD to VCD or SVCD

garby 20:15 25 Jan 2004

The software i have is nero 6 with all updates!!
And i also have Record Now. My DVD ripping software is DVD Shrink. Has anybody got any other suggestions on how to rip DVDs and put them onto VCD/SVCD......just out of curiousity. All suggestions gladly listended to!!!!

kangawallafox 20:31 25 Jan 2004

The best site to go to for info on vcd/svcd is click here
they have tutorials on how to do it and links to all software listed in the tutorials.

Emperor Penguin 20:38 25 Jan 2004

i have found DVDX is the most reliable and easiest to use (well after a while anyway)

Emperor Penguin 20:52 25 Jan 2004

what you should do is first get smart ripper which will analyse and decode an encrypted DVD and save it to a directory of your choosing (make sure you have all the files checked first). then open up the IFO file in DVDX and initially you will get an error message saying drive locked or some such, ignore this, then in the next window in the program chain box there is a list of one ore more chapters of different lengths depending on what you have. there are various other settings which you'll have to work out such as frame rate etc, if you choose a different frame rate a pull up or pull down will be performed which merges frames together. The next thing is getting the output settings sorted. mpeg 1 or 2 (1 is smallest) and aspect ratio (usually full but depends if your film is letterbox). VERY IMPORTANT next to max frame click "whole", this measures the length of the movie. otherwise you could find that everything stops before the end. it also is a good idea to add some frames to this because i have had a film cut short even though i pressed this button. hope this helps some.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone