Which Scanner please?

Seve23 11:50 20 Mar 2007

I am looking for a new flatbed scanner. My existing scanner (Canon Lide 500F) and my PC (Dell) do not like each other. I think because the scanner does not have a seperate power supply.
Anny suggestions please?

rick808 11:59 20 Mar 2007

What are you looking to achieve with a new scanner - film/slide scanning or just straight photo/documents?

Seve23 12:02 20 Mar 2007

Mainly photo/documents but I have may want to transfer slides. It is not a 'must' however.

rick808 12:09 20 Mar 2007

I would go for one of these - click here
Though if that's a little expensive there are cheaper Epson's that produce nearly as good results.

Seve23 12:31 20 Mar 2007

Thanks rick808 - It seems that, with so many people going for 'all-in-one' jobs the field is getting smaller for flatbed only. I have also been recommended to the HP Scanjet 4850 which PC Advisor seem to like. Price is not really an issue between the two although the HP is quite a lot cheaper. I guess I have to make up my mind...

rick808 12:42 20 Mar 2007

The HP seems a good scanner for that price tho one thing I would say from experience, is that the Epson software is much more user friendly and i've always managed to get very good results from both the Full Auto and Professional modes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?