Which Router should I use

  Peterhux 14:32 10 Feb 2015

Hi, I have a large long house, the main phone line attachment is at one end & I get a very bad, intermittent wireless signal at the other end, particularly upstairs. I currently use TalkTalk and use there supplied router the Huawei HG533, I also have a Netgear DGN2000 and a Netgear DG 834PN rangemaster. Which is the best router to use please?

  john bunyan 14:51 10 Feb 2015

I use Talk Talk with a Netgear DGND 4000; a very good router. I would guess that the best of the ones you have is the Netgear DG 834PN . As an alternative, or addition, you could consider a Homehub wi fi extender _ this creates a wi fi spot upstairs via the mains.

Although some do not recommend it, I have my router plugged in upstairs on a 25 m phone extension. I get just as good a download as when it is plugged into the test socket, and get a better wi fi range.


  bumpkin 20:57 10 Feb 2015

I had a similar issue, used a spare router just as an access point in one of the upstairs bedrooms which sorted it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017