Which Reg Cleaner to trust

Maiden. 19:17 03 Nov 2007

Looks like my registry (Vista Premium) is due for a good clean, but I'm not sure which reg cleaner I should trust to do the job.

I've heard various people recommend WinASO, Registry Mechanic, Eusing and RegCure and I have trial versions of them all - they all tell me between 500 and 800 errors to clean, but is one noticeably better than another ?(I also have CCleaner, but it tells me only around 100 entries to clean).

Any advide around which to use / avoid would be very much appreciated.

pchelper001 19:23 03 Nov 2007

most of the errors that are said in the trial are made up to make you buy the product. CCleaner is the best program i have used to clean my registry, and i have used quite a few, and it also works well on vista premium.

VoG II 19:25 03 Nov 2007

Registry Mechanic gets my vote. It is so good that I stumped-up for the paid version.

missjosy 19:27 03 Nov 2007

I have used this Freebie for several years no problems, but other members will no doubt advise you of equally good software.

click here

sunny staines 19:57 03 Nov 2007

click here Eusing Reg cleaner 1.6

click here Iobit AWC2 2 5 5 823

click here Ccleaner 2.00.507
click here Win ASO 3.0.9

all above are free and good, I alternate each week between the four of them to get all round clean of reg then defrag the reg with
click here auslogic reg defrag 4 1 5 52

FatboySlim71 22:58 03 Nov 2007

You will not get much better than Ccleaner. I have used it for a while with no problems, seems to do a good job.

click here

The F1 Help Key 23:16 03 Nov 2007

Ccleaner is really good at it..i give it 200% clean and not an spyware..like viruspro 2.01 and the list continue..beware of free reg cleaner...

If u really want to clean ur registry make a back up of it and manually open the registry value one by one to see if ther contain values..if not delete them...it will take you around 2 hours..but the result is super good ...u will be happy with ur PC...this will bost ur pC performance also....after all what a registry cleaner do more than finding empty registry entry,and delete\fix them.

birdface 10:17 04 Nov 2007

I use C Cleaner and Winaso both very good,I mainly use C Cleaner but use Winaso about once a fortnight just to speed my computer up a bit.

birdface 12:59 04 Nov 2007

I should have added Winaso does an automatic back up.[I have never had to use it.]So you can restore at any time.It also has a Registry Defrag on it that you can use whenever you like.

ambra4 14:27 04 Nov 2007

Have tried all of the programs listed over the years was not impressed with most of them

The only one I use and trust on company’s computers, and on my personal computers

click here

Procrastinus 16:36 04 Nov 2007

RegSeeker is the only one for me. It backs up all changes and seem to get out the dross.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?