which printer to buy

mr molly 22:07 27 Sep 2004

hi im looking to buy a new printer can you help me on which one to get.i want to print odd photo & also do my own bill heads dont want cheap one one but not to pricey no more than about £80
also not so keen on :hp: cause cartridges are to dear & last one played up a bit

Androcles 22:14 27 Sep 2004

Have a look at the Lexmark Z1150 all in one printer,copier and scanner.Friend of mine bought one,
good quality printing,photo's and text.Best thing is price war on cartridges at The Computer Shop only £9
each.I think he paid about £50 for it.I was always against Lexmark because of cartridge price but this one is worth a look.Regards.

Egg McKane 22:18 27 Sep 2004

The title says it all, its not just a printer but its also an all in one, printer scanner & photo copier. I bought one a couple of months ago from ebuyer for £95 but now there down to £65, theres been a few gripes about banding but i havent had a problem plus its very quick & because its an epson its bullit proof. Trust me you wont be let down.

GroupFC 22:28 27 Sep 2004

A couple of threads for you to have a look at click here and click here

I have just bought Epson Stylus C86 (top of the reviews in the latest PCA mag). I am well pleased with it so far although I am still testing it (only got it at the end of last week)! I paid £75 for it at PCW (it had £15 off from it's normal price). I have seen it cheaper off the web, but i couldn't wait!

lightfeet 22:40 27 Sep 2004

Have a look at this offer from Dell - £9.99 including carriage! click here

keith-236785 23:09 27 Sep 2004

i recently bought a canon smartbase mp360 (scanner/copier/printer in one) and am completely happy with it. cartridges for it are

46p for a black and 75p for a colour. (compatibles)

the cartridges are small quantity around the 10ml mark sp will need replacing more often but they are very cheap.

canon original ink is around the same price as hp but as above they are smaller and dont make a huge dent in your pocket replacing both at once would cost £18

the print quality is excellent even at draft setting it is better (IMHO) than my old HP 930c

i did lots of research before choosing a canon mostly based on the ink prices. canon was slightly cheaper. swung it for me but then i am a yorkshireman lol

the printer cost me £93 but i have seen it advertised for £75 just last week.

good luck

keith-236785 23:10 27 Sep 2004

the supplier of the cheap ink is click here

Cook2 01:01 28 Sep 2004

click here as a bonus it also has built in card reader and scans slides and negs.

badgery 03:11 28 Sep 2004

Canon i560 at Comet Online, for £73 - as opposed to £89 in Comet shop.
Used Canon i550 for years and get excellent photos and text (business letters mainly).

Newby 08:04 28 Sep 2004

lightfeet and mr molly,
Look at Dell 720 inkjet cartridges in web site "System Insight". I buy my inkjet cartidges from them. TAKE AHARD LOOK at the dell 720 cartidges and remember Dell motherboards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?