which printer

fire 11:52 21 Dec 2011

hi i have an epson sx415 multifunction device. i use compatible cartridges due to the little printing and cost issue. recently my printer has stopped accepting these compatible carts. im so fed up with epson and fancy a change probably to canon but again would want to use compatible inks. can anyone suggest a good printer with cheap ink that i could switch to

thanks

Fingees 23:11 21 Dec 2011

A few weeks ago, I bought a Kodak Hero 5.1 printer/scanner.

It's the best printer I have ever had.

The ink is so cheap, I no longer use compatibles.

The software is regularly updated.

Excellent piece of equipment.

All the best.

spuds 23:30 21 Dec 2011

I have a number of different make printers. The latest addition (about 12 months ago) was a Brother DCP-135C all-in-one, which is a super bit of kit. The compatibles for that LC-970 B/Y/C/M cost about 50 pence each, and seem to last for ages.

The DCP-135C as possibly been replaced by another model with a very similar chassis. Well worth a look?.

Regarding Canon, I have a Pixma, which also covers most of my needs. Cheap print cartridges are a little more dearer to obtain.

mobing 09:18 22 Dec 2011

if you don't need to print too much stuffs , i think you'd better use the orginal ink !

chub_tor 09:30 22 Dec 2011

I switched from Epson to Canon a long time ago and have had excellent service from each machine that I have bought. I am currently using an MP610 which is no longer manufactured but have my eye on one of the newer wireless models such as the mg5250.

fire 15:23 22 Dec 2011

many thanks for the information ...i think i will have a look at the kodak ...although it is dearer than most of the others...

spuds 15:52 22 Dec 2011

You might find that the Kodak as a similar model under the Dell brand!.

fire 14:34 23 Dec 2011

does that include the kodak hero does anybody know???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?