which printer.......??????

fire 00:02 26 Apr 2007

hi i have got an epson cx3200 multifunction printer which has just given up for some reason.....prob not worth repairing could some people let me know which printer is best all round for output and also accepts cheap compatible cartridges as i hate giving even more money to these firms.......thanks

FatboySlim71 08:59 26 Apr 2007

I can highly recommend the HP Photosmart C3180, I have owned one for 6 months or so and its the best all in one I have owned. I have owned 3 Canon all in ones, and everyone has failed with print head failure after less than 18 months. I have owned several Epson's as well but I found these very problematic with clogged printheads (and I did use it often) so it was not due to a lack of use.

The thing with HP printers is that everytime you install a new ink cartridge you are also installing a new printhead, as the printhead is part of the ink cartridge, although this makes the ink cartridges more expensive it does make for a more reliable and longer lasting printer. I have also found that HP printers give me much better print quality than either Canon or Epson.

I have wrote a review on the HP C3180, which can be found at the link below.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone