Which PC TV card, not make by type?

wotbus@ 12:23 15 Oct 2006

My ADSL box provides free TV stations [from Internet]. As I don't want another screen in my office I would like to watch the TV on my PC. The TV output from my ADSL box is peritel. There are now several categories of TV PCI card available and it's getting a bit confusing as to which one to buy and fit EG: Antenna or Cable TV or Digital Sat [DVB-S] or Digital Terrestrial [DVB-T]. As the TV signal comes from my ADSL router box, will it fall into the "Antenna or Cable TV" category?
I realise I will have to juggle connectors IE Peritel to coaxial but that's not a problem.
Any advice welcome :-)

wotbus@ 12:24 15 Oct 2006

Sorry for error. Subject should read:
Which PC TV card, not make but type?

Technotiger 14:44 15 Oct 2006

Hi, I would suggest this one .... receives all the freeview dtv and dig radio stns. It comes with it's own aerial and remote control, though I use the aerial connection via my normal TV aerial with a splitter.

click here

Cheers

wotbus@ 17:07 15 Oct 2006

Thanks Technotiger, first on my list of Cards/USB Connectors.

woodchip 17:10 15 Oct 2006

Your best bet is a External Digital USB TV stick about £30

wotbus@ 18:48 15 Oct 2006

Hi woodchip. Maybe I am am thinking down the wrong road! Everything I look at is a Tuner when all I want to do really is get video/sound into my PC. I realise PCI/USB Tuners do just that but I am not actually tuning anything - all the signals arrive by the same line direct from my ADSL router. Channel change is effected by remote control [zapper] which I already have, with the infra-red sensor being actually on the ADSL router which would ideally be situated next to a TV [Peritel/Peritel].
** My router has sockets for Ethernet/USB connections for PC > Box > Internet and also has a Peritel OUT for a TV. It's this I want to connect to my PC.

woodchip 19:30 15 Oct 2006

If said what you was trying to do., it would help. If you are trying to copy VHS or a old analog Camcorder then click here
this will get all analog signals into your computer. Only works with XP I think

wotbus@ 20:07 15 Oct 2006

Sorry if the post was a bit vague. I'm not trying to copy anything, just want to get the TV output from the peritel port of my ADSL box into my PC. Your link looks like the sort of thing I want though, just need to find an adaptor to put between my output and the input of this gizmo, which I am sure I can cobble up. Thanks for the link ;-)

woodchip 20:09 15 Oct 2006

It does have S-Video

wotbus@ 20:27 15 Oct 2006

Cheers woodchip. I have found a useful link here
click here just in case anyone else is following this thread. Looks like I can get the extra bits I need as well.

woodchip 20:34 15 Oct 2006

I note on that link, that it as more or less the same as I posted, but is £50 half way down

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?