Which password to use to connect my Tablet

Gail47 11:37 24 May 2014

Bought a Galaxy Note 10.1, trying to connect to the Internet, asked for password but which one, I am tearing my hair out. I am already on the Internet with Talktalk Super Fibre Optic and I already have a desktop computer and connects just fine..so why am I having a problem connecting?

lotvic 12:21 24 May 2014

It will be the wireless one, there should be a sticker on the back of your Talktalk router that gives the wireless name (SSID) of the router and the password.

Or you could use the WPS button (this will make the two 'talk' to each other and you don't have to input anything) You press the WPS button on the Router and choose WPS on the Galaxy tab.

whichever method you choose, make sure you have enabled WiFi on the Router - there is a button WLAN on the side that you press to enable it.

Gail47 12:33 24 May 2014

yay!!!! thank you so much, never thought to check that, DUH!!Thanks again.

lotvic 13:46 24 May 2014

Glad it's sorted :)

You can Green Tick to mark Thread Resolved by clicking on any of the big grey ticks below a post. It will turn green and next time page is refreshed it will be marked Resolved. No need to post any text - it is a separate action.

bremner 14:40 24 May 2014

Each router comes with a unique password not a default one. Talk Talk Router

lotvic 18:07 24 May 2014

I haven't changed mine. Only way someone else can get my WiFi password is if they pick my router up and look at the sticker on the back. I think that narrows it down to people who visit and then get stepladder out (as my router is on shelf up near ceiling).

bremner 08:43 25 May 2014

Changing the password is what many people do, normally to their dob or child, pet or partners name etc etc.

If you change the password make it a fairly long combination of numbers and letters - like the unique one supplied in fact.

lotvic 11:37 25 May 2014

Obviously if I get problems with 'other people', unauthorised access, etc then I would change the password. Unless that happens, I am content to use the unique assigned one on the router sticker.

MechKB 2, maybe you should use a 'dwm' (date went missing)? LOL

wee eddie 21:55 25 May 2014

Mech: You've changed your name so often, maybe you no longer have a 'dob'.

onthelimit1 18:28 26 May 2014

Mech - i think you're confusing the router access password with the wireless key. Default router passwords are the same for all of a particular make and model, but the wireless key is unique to each one, so no need to change it unless you want one that's easier to remember.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?