Which One SUPERAntispyware or AVG A/S

J B 14:44 25 Jul 2007

I am running Vista Home Premium and I have been looking at these two A/S programs to go along with Windows Live OneCare. I know both have their merit's but as I already have real time protection I would like to have at least one for a back-up scanner. I already have Spyware Blaster installed but I don't think that alone is enough.

AVG A/S has real time protection for a period of 30 days. If I install that is there a way that I can disable real time protection after the install, and also are there any other things that I have to do to configure it?

SUPERAntispyware on the other hand doesn't have that feature enabled so is there anything else I have to know about it?

I assume that both programs are Vista complient so if anyone knows different or if there are any problems with running them, I would appreciate any other opinions about them. Thanks. J.B.

sunny staines 16:38 25 Jul 2007

i feel SAS has the better scanning and cleaning

rdave13 17:19 25 Jul 2007

In AVG just dissable Resident shield and Automatic updates under the status icon. Try both and uninstall the one you don't need.

mfletch 17:34 25 Jul 2007

I personally would go for {SAS} Superantispyware it does a good deep scan here are some features,

1/Quick, Complete and Custom Scanning of Hard Drives, Removable Drives, Memory, Registry, Individual Folders and More! Includes Trusting Items and Excluding Folders for complete customization of scanning!

2/Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits and many other types of threats.

3/First Chance Prevention examines over 50 critical points of your system each time your system starts up and shuts down to eliminate threats before they have a chance to infect and infiltrate your system.

click here

mfletch

J B 12:49 26 Jul 2007

Sorry about the lateness of my reply but I have been quite busy. I have downloaded SAS and it seems quite good and will try it out for a few days. I did a scan last night and the only thing it came up with was a few tracking cookies. The only thing with the free edition is the splash screen but I can live with that. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone