Which new cheap inkjet printer please?

edennorman 11:32 27 Aug 2007

Hello

I have fallen foul of very cheap printers with hideously expensive ink cartridges in the past and I do not wish to repeat the mistake.

What I would like ideally is a new (cheap?) colour inkjet printer in which the cartridges can be easily and reliably re-filled.

Can anyone suggest a new colour inkjet that might fit the bill?

I have in front of me a printer by Canon, called the

Canon IP2500. Does anyone know if this might fit the bill?

I would so much appreciate some advice, thank you.

Eden

Taff™ 11:53 27 Aug 2007

Canon IP4300 click here Currently about £70 in PC World - Individual Compatible Inks from Choice Stationery at about £2.50 Originals about £8.

I have the earlier IP4000 and it is a great machine, very economical to run at these ink replacement prices. Excellent photo reproduction if you need it, borderless prints and will print direct onto printable CD`s & DVD`s (Also from choice about 20p each.)

Back in February it had PCA`s Best Buy Award click here

palinka 15:05 27 Aug 2007

I echo Taff™ 's recommendation.
The secret to cheap printing is to look at the running costs (ie ink) rather than the initial purchase cost.
also to go for printers that have 4 cartridges (black/magenta/cyan/yellow) rathe than just 2 (black/colour) or, even worse, just one cartridge.
I had a Canon BJC3000 and when that died I bought the Canon ip4300. Bought via Amazon in May '07 I got it for c£59. Shop around for the best price.
I have cartrdges refilled at Cartridge World (though haven't needed to refill any yet on the new machine)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?