Which Motherboard should I buy??

theons100 15:47 04 Aug 2006

Hi
I have a P4 3.0ghz processor, LGA775 ASRock motherboard, 2gbs DDR 400 RAM and an ATI Radeon x1600 graphics card which is AGP.

I want to upgarde my motherboard because everyone tells me that ASRock is rubbish and that a different motherboard will improve the speed of my system. I also want a bit more RAM and want a motherboard that will accommodate at least 4gb RAM.

Does anyone know of the best motherboard that I can buy that will allow me to keep my current AGP graphics card and DDR memory.

I also currently have a Seagate Barracuda 300gb hard drive that is ATA 133 IDE ribboned. I wish to keep this also.

Any help would be fantastic!!
Thank you

SANTOS7 15:53 04 Aug 2006

click here
the link is just a small review of asrock MOBO's one of which i have in my pc, for someone to say they are rubbish is not really a fair statement, by all means upgrade but by diong a few comparisons sometimes the most expensive is not always the best...

User-312386 15:56 04 Aug 2006

you got a nice little set up there.

One question. Are you having problems with your system?

SANTOS7 16:04 04 Aug 2006

ASRock Incorporation, started in 2002 in Taiwan as an ASUS subsidiary. They produce motherboards, mainly concentrating on the lower-budget sector. They were mainly known for producing cheap OEM solutions based on low-cost outdated chipsets. These turned out to be quite successful because of their "price and reliability".

last two words do it for me...

theons100 17:12 04 Aug 2006

Thanks guys.

Madboy33 - Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any problems that I am aware of. Occaisional problems with game play ie on Command and Conquer Generals the game slows slightly every now and again. Other than that though A1.

Santos7 - Thanks for the link. I know my ASRock board is very reliable and I am only going on what others have said.....

SANTOS7 17:23 04 Aug 2006

I can understand that, but would be nice to know what they base this on and what they are comparing them too, we can all be easily led by the comment "they are rubbish" and there it ends, without much of an explaination.
I cannot reccomend an alternative but i can assure you that the advice given here will be usefull and hopefully a resolve to your question..

SANTOS7 17:29 04 Aug 2006

click here
might be a good place to start as Asus and Asrock are related..

theons100 18:49 04 Aug 2006

Santos7 - Thanks for the link. In what way are Asus and ASRock related?

SANTOS7 19:00 04 Aug 2006

ASRock Incorporation, started in 2002 in Taiwan as an ASUS subsidiary.

as above..

theons100 19:03 04 Aug 2006

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone