Which Model Of Printer For Printing On Envelopes

DalHug 17:35 03 Jun 2014

Hi,

I have tried printing addresses on to envelopes with a Kodak printer I have but this has not gone too well. A lot of the envelopes crease or get jammed.

Does anyone have any advice on what printer to go for to achieve this?

I will be looking at printing addresses on to envelopes anywhere between 10-30 times a day.

Inkjet and laser printers will both be considered.

Thanks.

wee eddie 17:55 03 Jun 2014

As many Inkjet Inks are water soluble, it's possibly sensible to think Laser.

Another route might be to chose Software that is able to specify which Label, out of a sheet of adhesive labels, that it prints. Thereby allowing to print one, or many, labels at a time from a partly used sheet.

AroundAgain 20:54 05 Jun 2014

I find labels discolour a bit (go slightly grey) when they've been put through my laser printer, ie if doing only one address on a sheet of labels, then using it again for one address. Doesn't stop me using them like this though.

Perhaps a laser printer with a front, manual, feed and just feed the envelope in as/when required?

I've got a quite 'elderly' HP Color LaserJet 1600 which is serving my purposes very well and has a front feed slot which is very useful for such things.

Hope this helps a bit.

wee eddie 00:55 06 Jun 2014

Around Again the greying of the label will be being caused by the heat of the laser curing.

Laser specific labels should retain their whiteness.

AroundAgain 09:16 06 Jun 2014

Thanks for that, wee eddie. I realised the heat caused it but didn't know laser-specific labels would remain white. I learn something all the time ;)

However, I'll continue with my 'cheapies' because, most of the time, I'm having to run full sheets. It's only when I use the remaining labels on a sheet by running them through for a single label.

Again, thanks

wiz-king 13:03 06 Jun 2014

I would invest in a label printer eg a Dymo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?