Which laptop for recording & playing music and Sims game? Help

mcnaka 10:23 29 Oct 2013

Can anyone help please. My daughter needs a new laptop. She wants one that allows her to play Sims & record her singing. (She has saved up for a good microphone etc but it wont work with our old PC). She also does typical teenage thing of watching You Tube, listening to Spotify & living on Facebook. Think I need something with dual graphics card(?), lots of RAM & storage capacity? but not sure. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

partsforlaptops 16:33 06 Nov 2013

All those should run on a dual core like a Dell D630 with 4gb ram which you can usually pick up on ebay from about £110+ For anything with dedicated graphics you'll pay a lot more

lotvic 12:15 07 Nov 2013

mcnaka, Which laptop has she got at present? Are you wanting a new laptop or secondhand? What is the £ maximum amount you want to pay?

louisjms 18:09 09 Nov 2013

You're probably looking at something in the £300 to £500 range. I'd go for something like the Acer Aspire E1.

She'd need something with at least 4GB ram and an Intel core i3 processor. A 500gb hard drive should be enough.

Hope I helped :)

mcnaka 15:59 19 Dec 2013

Thank you for the answers and sorry for late reply - close family member has been in intensive care.

lotvic 22:03 21 Dec 2013

A good site for checking specs and performance of laptops is the reviews on click here (notebookcheck.net)

Also gives specs of different graphics and what games they will play click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?