Which laptop is for me?

lj123 21:20 06 May 2014

Hi, I´m an architect and I use programs like Autocad, Photoshop, Sketchup(I render alot). I just got Autocad2014 and even the program says that it cant function properly because of my laptop (I have Dell Vostro 3350). So my question is, which computer is for me, can you give me few suggestions? I do not want Apple products.

Thank you in advance, Lisa

RichardConlee 03:41 07 May 2014

Lisa,

Though Apple products are ideal when it comes to graphics and other visual media, there are other great alternatives out there that won't break the bank.

You will need something with a lot of RAM (Random Access Memory) and a decent processor.

I recommend the Lenovo T430s. The Lenovo is an absolute beast of a laptop. I just rolled out about 2500+ of them to a very large beverage distributer here in the United States, and they are using these things for everything.

The reason this is a good choice is because you can load these things up with up to 16GB of RAM, which will be needed for rendering in AutoCAD. You can also get a docking station that is tailor made for this unit that has dual monitor capability - which I imagine you will need given the work that you do.

Lenovo has great support if you go for the warranty.

Here is a link to the T430s: click here Conlee click here

Rick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone