Which laptop is best for me??

frank7 12:21 15 Dec 2009

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and have no idea what provides the best option for me. Can anybody help me or offer advice as to what I should be looking for?

I don't really need much from the system but it must have an inbuilt webcam, a decent sized screen for watching movies, tv etc. Good picture and sound quality would be great.

The laptop would be used mostly for browsing the web, using Skype to Australia and watching movies/music.

I was also looking to purchase an external hard drive for downloading movies.

Looking to spend about £500 at the most.....

Any advise would be appreciated

User-1229748 13:10 15 Dec 2009

i don't like recommending lappys to be honest but on the sound side of things my old lappy had altec lansing speakers that according to friends did sound good for a lappy.

User-1229748 13:14 15 Dec 2009

just to add someone asked me for an opinion on a couple of lappys last week and the one i duly chose broke after 2 days :o(

tullie 20:21 15 Dec 2009

Any bog standard laptop would be ok for your needs,a lot have a built in webcam,i recommend Samsung.You dont have to spend anymore than about £350 ish.The sound quality on any laptop is not very good,but you could allways buy external speakers as i have.

Cockney Rebel 20:45 15 Dec 2009

Have a look at this one.
click here

Pineman100 17:56 16 Dec 2009

I think your biggest problem is going to be listening to music. Laptops inherently have very small speakers, which generally give a rather thin sound. Like smackheadz, my HP laptop has Altec Lansing speakers which are a bit better than most laptops that I've heard, but they're still nothing like as good as a decent set of external speakers (which of course you couldn't really cart around with you).

If you're happy to listen through earphones, you'll get a better tone. Just be sure that your chosen laptop has an earphone socket (most do).

snv123 21:41 18 Dec 2009

Don't go anywhere just click click here.•cashforlaptops.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?