Which ISP

johno 23:10 07 Aug 2004

I currently use AOL & pay £25 for the broadband service. I have never had any problems with them & like the free helpline. However I would prefer to use Outlook as an email program but can't with AOL.
I don't like Freeserve or Wanado (whatever)as they charge an extortionate rate for help. What do the forum recommend to give good broadband service, free help, use Outlook & charge around £25 a month?

Thanks in advance.

Dipso 23:25 07 Aug 2004

You do mean Outlook not Outlook Express?

THE TERMINATOR 23:25 07 Aug 2004

Why can't you use Outlook with AOL?

johno 23:42 07 Aug 2004

HI

I do mean Outlook rather than Express but will make do with Express if necessary.

I guess there must be a fix for Outlook & AOL. I would be very keen on this if you know how to achieve it.

Thx

JM

Crash 23:46 07 Aug 2004

There is a way - click here

Dipso 00:03 08 Aug 2004

Was going to point you to same thing as Crash. I read about it in a mag recently and your post rang some bells, it seems it's not so simple for Outlook though.

johno 00:20 08 Aug 2004

I have it working on Outlook Express which is amazing as I didn't think it could be done. I still think that it might be an idea to move providers. What do you think.

Crash 00:26 08 Aug 2004

Try looking at this site click here as it has tons of info on isps and has a compare tool to help you choose an isp. The best ones seem to be freedom2surf, plusnet, pipex and metronet(if you are a low user).

Dipso 00:31 08 Aug 2004

I'm with Metronet. If you use up to 5 Gig a month, their PayAsYouGo deal is definitely your best choice. You can use Outlook but you don't get email addy's as part of the package. This wasn't a problem for me though as I just reconfigured my existing Tiscali, ic24 addy's to be used with Metronet.

Dipso 00:33 08 Aug 2004

click here prices from £11.75 inc VAT a month. If AOL support migration you could avoid the connection fee and migrate for £17 I think.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:34 08 Aug 2004

AS the quality of ISP's varies around the country I would ask any of your neighbours what they are using and if they get good speeds rather than asking here. Once set up you should never need a help line.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?