which graphics card part 2

alboy 21:06 24 Jan 2005

technotiger advised that large hdd needed for video editing, what is minimum required, and if fitting 2 hdd is raid formation the quickest set up (if i say fit 2 x 200gb)

Totally-braindead 21:14 24 Jan 2005

I remember reading your other post, get the biggest one you can, at the price of them I'd go for at least a 120GIG or 160GIG bigger if you can afford it. Has your motherboard got built in RAID? If not I wouldn't bother with it. Have you considered an external hard drive presuming you have either USB 2.0 or Firewire and a free socket?

Technotiger 21:30 24 Jan 2005

Hi, me again, size of hdd - as Totally-braindead suggests, the bigger the better.

Also, please put a green-tick on your other thread and stick to just one, otherwise it causes confusion.

When you are happy that your question has been resolved, please green-tick this one too.

Cheers.

alboy 21:32 24 Jan 2005

would external hdd via usb 2.0 be as quick as internal, have not purchased motherboard yet so could get one that supports raid if that would be better

Technotiger 21:36 24 Jan 2005

You would not notice any difference in hdd speed internal or usb, but get hdd with 7200rpm as opposed to 5200rpm.

Can't comment on RAID as I have no personal experience of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?