Which graphic card will I need for my pc?

qazhar19 17:51 19 Jul 2014

Hello,

I'm very new to PC gaming and I really don't know about graphic cards.

I look towards buying the msi GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr OC Cards, which I will be using the i3 core processor.My PC is Asus K3a0d. I want to play games like Battlefield 3/4 and titanfall. Should I buy this graphic card? Will it support my PC?

Thanks

wee eddie 19:35 19 Jul 2014

I am prepared to be shot down in flames but an i3 Processor is not a good start for a Gaming PC ...

It's not up to the job

Ian in Northampton 19:36 19 Jul 2014

A web search for Asus K3a0d does not find anything (except this post....) We'd need to know more about the specification of your PC - mother board etc. If your PC will support it - and it probably will - the GTX 750Ti is a decent mid-range card, but I don't think the combination of an i3 and the 750 will enable you to play those games at maximum settings. It'll probably do a pretty good job at moderate/high settings though.

qazhar19 21:00 19 Jul 2014

Thanks for replying and Sorry about that the name of the pc is asus k30ad-uk003, the motherboard is bespoke intel H81, monitor is AOC e2270Swn. Operating system, wind 8.The CPU- INTEL core i3-4130T

The link of the pc. click here of the graphic card. click here of the monitor. click here there any ways or suggestions for this, as Im on a low budget.

Thanks

Link Link Are

qazhar19 21:00 19 Jul 2014

Thanks for replying and Sorry about that the name of the pc is asus k30ad-uk003, the motherboard is bespoke intel H81, monitor is AOC e2270Swn. Operating system, wind 8.The CPU- INTEL core i3-4130T

The link of the pc. click here of the graphic card. click here of the monitor. click here there any ways or suggestions for this, as Im on a low budget.

Thanks

Link Link Are

qazhar19 21:30 19 Jul 2014

help please

wee eddie 21:54 19 Jul 2014

You will be very disappointed trying to use this as a Gamer. Move up to an i5 processor.

Then you might be able to do something with a Graphics Card

qazhar19 22:05 19 Jul 2014

Ive seen many gamers that use i3 processors about 3.0gHZ, its pretty decent, but in matter fact I'm on a low budget. Ive seen gamers playing games like titanfall with gtx's on i3 processors. But I'll give it a go. But the graphic card may be convenient for the gaming though...

And thanks for replying

BRYNIT 22:56 19 Jul 2014

From the Asus web site this computer will only have a 350W PSU the recommended PSU for this graphics card is 400 W and with only 4GB ram I think you will be disappointed. You would also need to know if there is enough room for the graphics card.

wee eddie 23:44 19 Jul 2014

I don't want you to be disappointed.

What you have there is the equivalent of a Vauxhall Corsa. No matter what you do to it, it's not going to be able to keep up with a Ford Focus, let alone a BMW

Devil Fish 00:57 20 Jul 2014

agree with wee eddie i5 bare minimum for modern games a lot will throw i7 as requirement. currently running i5 @2.8ghz with boost to 3.5 ghz but that only gives me mid range with gtx 770 with the newest titles granted board slows it a bit as only pcie 2 and card pcie 3 but would seriously have a rethink on your spec even for mid range offerings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017